For your next party – birthday, playgroup potluck, you name the occasion – try the Pittsburgh Toy Lending Library for kids in kindergarten and younger. Party rental includes exclusive use of the Toy Library space and enough toys and activities to keep even the shortest attention span happy. You supply the food and the kids supply their own fun!
The Pittsburgh Toy Lending Library was rated the Best Place in the ‘Burgh for a child’s Birthday Party by Pittsburgh Magazine.
Party Rental Fees
Friday: $50.00 plus a $50.00 deposit
Saturday or Sunday: $75.00 plus $50.00 deposit
Please note: Lending Only members are not eligible for the discount rate.
Friday: $100.00 plus $70.00 deposit
Saturday or Sunday: $150.00 plus $70.00 deposit
The deposit must made by check or PayPal*. No cash or money orders are accepted.
*Once you have scheduled a date with the Party Coordinator, you will receive a link to a Paypal Payment page.
Rental Space Availability
The Toy Library is available for parties on:
- Fridays: 3:30 p.m to 8:30 p.m.
- Saturdays & Sundays: 1:30 p.m to 6:30 p.m OR 3:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
We schedule only one party per day – you may have your event at any time during available hours.
To confirm if a date is available and inquire about reservations, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Dates fill up quickly! We do NOT recommend that you call the space to inquire about rentals, you will be directed to email the Party Coordinator.
Please refer to the Calendar below for available dates (those not marked as “busy”):
- Party deposit check or paypal payment ($50 for Members or $70 for Non-Members) is due within seven days of reservation to retain the event date.
- Cancellations made less than one month prior to party date will result in the loss of this deposit.
- Reservations may be made up to 6 months in advance by PTLL members and 3 months in advance by non-members.
- Final payment may be dropped off in an envelope labeled Party Coordinator, mailed, or via PayPal with the link sent to you by the Parties Coordinator ($75 for Members or $150 for Non-Members) no later than two weeks before the party.
- The Party Coordinator will email you your party packet at least three days prior to the party date.
- We do not cash the deposit check so please write out two separate checks. The deposit check will be destroyed at the end of each month unless some or all of it is being withheld for damages.
- Before you rent the PTLL, you are required to visit the PTLL to become familiar with the space and the toys. If you have questions about the space or its contents, please contact the Party Coordinator (email email@example.com) before your rental period.
- No PTLL representatives will be present to answer questions or provide any services whatsoever during any rental period.
- The person renting the Toy Library is responsible for themselves and all other guests who use the facility. Each parent/guardian will be expected to sign a Release of Responsibility for their child(ren).
- The Party organizer will receive a door code that will give them access to the building the day of their party.
- Please be sure to have all guests wash their hands or use the provided hand sanitizer upon entering the PTLL.
- Food must be consumed in the kitchen or eating areas (the tables and chairs behind the front desk).
- Children over six years old are not permitted on climbing equipment, rocking horses, or trampoline.
- Alcohol is not permitted. No smoking indoors. No pets, please.
- Latex and rubber balloons are not permitted as they present a choking hazard. Foil balloons are permitted.
- You must clean up the Toy Library such that it is ready for the next group. This includes cleaning the kitchen and eating area, removing all garbage and food, picking up toys and returning items to their original location. Please see the After Party Checklist in your Party Packet that gives specifics on cleaning and closing.
- Don’t forget to turn out all of the lights, close the windows, and lock the door (verifying that the lock has engaged by tugging on the door handle) before leaving.
If you have any problems during your party, please contact the party coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.